Director of Retail Design – H/F
At MALHERBE PARIS, our independent creative agency at the crossroads of art and commerce, international leader (Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong and New York) in retail design and digital creation, we work with major global brands on design and retail strategy (Hennessy, Dior, Sephora, L’occitane, Krug, Cartier, etc.). For 28 years, we have been asserting the difference of a French culture and imagining new shopping experiences by combining a creative approach based on elegance, innovation and freedom of expression, applied to a multitude of retail professions: cosmetics, jewellery, department stores, shopping centres, mass distribution, food & beverage, travel retail, etc.
To find out more: https://www.instagram.com/malherbeparis/
We are looking for a Design Director to lead, manage and delivery best-in-class retail design projects. You will be responsible for several projects from concept to delivery, owning the quality of the output in line with the agency’s standards. You are the driving force that keeps the teams moving forward and inspired to produce high quality creative concepts.
- Manage several projects simultaneously, from design to delivery
- Guarantee the quality of creative output
- Lead successful client meetings – brief , presentations etc.
- Build a strategy & concept for brands / projects from a brief
- Consolidate all the ideas and drive the project creatively
- Guide and support your team in the complete process of the design project
- Manage the overall project in terms of budget, resources, deliverables & schedule
- Ensure the profitability of the project in collaboration with the Account Manager
- Manage a full creative team of junior to senior designers, 3D designers, architects, art directors
- Recruit, train and develop your team
- Participate in and support the commercial development of the agency
Qualities & characteristics
- Master’s degree in Design, Interior Design or Architecture
- 8+ years experience in a similar role in a creative agency
- Charismatic, innovative and passionate about design & retail
- Excellent knowledge of the industry, new concepts & design worldwide, you are one step ahead and always looking to push the boundaries of your work
- Experience leading client relations to move the project forward, bring the ideas to life and get client buy-in to successful deliver à project
- Strong team management experience, you know how to motivate and drive a team to their creative best
- Bilingual English, another language an asset
- Well organized, you have great presentation skills & are comfortable in defending your ideas to clients