Design director – H/F
Malherbe Paris is an internationally established leader in commercial design on-line and off-line, with over 29 years of experience in Europe & 15 years in Asia. Working with major global brands & on large development projects, we are a fast growing design agency, expanding our footprint into the US.
To find out more: https://www.instagram.com/malherbeparis/
We are looking for a Design Director to join our team and develop our creative department through a variety of highly visible, global, regional, and local projects. You will join an international team of talents in their global growth and development of the US market and you will be responsible for the strategy, the design and the execution of our projects. Reporting directly to the creative director, you will support the creative growth of the design team and the growth of Malherbe’s portfolio of clients & projects in the US. Part of a unique team that provides a small business working style within a large organization framework, you will be preparing & presenting strategic, best in class, high-end projects to major stakeholders.
Successfully drive projects from strategy, concept & storytelling, to execution drawings and contractor work through to presentations, approvals and until completion & opening.
Make use of all creative & project resources to achieve the best in class, high standards results.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead successful client meetings – brief, presentations etc.
- Build best in class strategies & concepts for brands & projects that align with the brief
- Consolidate all ideas and drive the creative team to a great level project
- Be the creative input & a reference bible for the team
- Follow up & support the creative team in the complete process of a design project
- Control the overview of a project in terms of budget, resources, deliveries & schedule
- Maintain great client relations
- Identify potential business for account growth
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
With at least 7 years experience in a creative position with managerial functions, you have a proven understanding of working with brands, retailers and developers in the Luxury Retail/ Commercial field. Passionate, creative, innovative & charismatic you are the creative drive that can manage multiple projects and teams, as well as be hands on to create & produce alongside them.
Presenting a diverse portfolio of design & creative projects, you have a deep understanding of the retail landscape and a solid experience with beauty & cosmetics brands, department stores and retailers.
Last but not least, you have excellent presentation skills, the ability to build strong client relationships, a love for teamwork & the confidence to defend your ideas. You will support the design team in the complete process of projects and be the “motivation bomb” driving projects & talents forward.
- Excellent general knowledge of design, art & culture
- Understanding of materials, execution methods, construction & technical solutions
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent hand sketch skills
- Able to work on all Adobe suite
- Good practice of Keynote or similar